James J. PALMER and Elizabeth Susan HIBBARD

Share and search for Hibbard Family information.
Mary1

James J. PALMER and Elizabeth Susan HIBBARD

Post by Mary1 »

Hi,

I am trying to find ANY information I can on Great Great Grandparents James J. PALMER who married Elizabeth Susan HIBBARD in 1844 in Kanzia, New York at the home of her father. One of the problems being I do not know who her father was! She had a brother Charles HIBBARD and his wife Lydia who were living in Syracuse, New York in 1891 when Elizabeth HIBBARD PALMER applied for their son George M. PALMER's Civil War pension. He had been killed at St James Island, SC serving for New York. This family migrated to Jackson MI about 1856 with at least 5 of their children. They had 7 more children in Jackson County MI. I believe the HIBBARD family was somewhat prominent in the New York Area at the time they were married and subsequently living in New York. Does anyone have ties to this family and can help me with details?

Grandma Elizabeth Susan PALMER migrated to California with one of her daughters (Sylvia PALMER JENKS) after 1900 and died somewhere in California. Family believes it to be Oakland or Alameda Counties. I would love to find out where Grandma's final resting place is also.

Thanks!

Mary