Hibbard Family UK

Share and search for Hibbard Family information.
lilnix84

Hibbard Family UK

Post by lilnix84 »

Hi My name is Nicola Hibbard from Kent, England. I am trying to trace my family history.

There does not seem to be very many Hibbards in England and wondered if the Hibbard family name came originally from USA.

I haven't seen my father since I was very young. All I know is that his name is Steven Hibbard (01/02/1958) and his parents names are Raymond Hibbard and Sylvia Hibbard, I think my great grand-mothers name was Lillian Hibbard, and all live in Essex, UK but I don't know any further back and I am very interested in the history of the Hibbard family.

If any one has relatives in the UK, or knows anything of my family, please help!
k_hibbard

Re: Hibbard Family UK

Post by k_hibbard »

Hi there!

From the little research I've done (which mostly consists of reading others research), the Hibbards in the US originated from the UK through descendents of John Hibbard in Massachusetts. I've found a lot of information on www.hibbardfamily.net on my lineage.

I think that the original John came from Essex, UK.

Kim :)
Robert Smith

Post by Robert Smith »

My Great grand mother was a Hibbard. Her family settled in Texas in 1837. They were Scotch-Irish, that is what she always said. Scotch- Irish were Protestants who were originaly from Scotland, then went to Irland for several generations. Many moved to the U.S. in 17 and 1800's.
DeaneCA56

Post by DeaneCA56 »

I'm so glad to meet cousins from UK!

The website www.hibbardfamily.net traces Robeert Hibbard from Wiltshire Salisbury born 1612. He immigrated to USA colony with Gov Winthrop to Mass Bay Colony about 1634. I think John was either son or father also from Wiltshire, his grandfather was a Rev. Robert Hibbard Salisbury Parish 1547.

My group "Hibbardorca", found on YahooGroups (Westcoast US Hibbard family) is still exploring this issue.

I hope we all can push the ancestry further back, even if it is Irish or Scottish in origin.

Deane
imatchr04@yahoo.com