Orell Demond Hibbard

Share and search for Hibbard Family information.
sandy

Orell Demond Hibbard

Post by sandy »

I just registered here. I'm looking for any information on my great grandfather, Orell Demond Hibbard. We believe he was born in Racine County,WI in Jan 1868 and died in Lake County, IL on 23 Aug 1905. He had 8 children, one of whom was my grandfather, Orlie Demond Hibbard, born in Cook County, IL on 1 Aug 1892 and died in Lake County, IL on 1 Mar 1962. Orell's wife's name was Jennie Ann Barwell. Any information would be appreciated.
Josh1

Re: Orell Demond Hibbard

Post by Josh1 »

It appears that his mother is named Susan, as she appears on the 1880 census with Orell Demond Hibbard, and his sister Ina E. Hibbard. As far as the father goes, there is a George Hibbard in the same household, and is close in age to Susan. What's odd is Susan is listed first on the census, as if she's the head of the household. While her status is listed as "wife", George's status is left blank, and he is listed after Orell and Ina. On the census it does say that both George and Susan are married, but it doesn't make it clear if it's to eachother or not.

As far as Susan's surname, I believe that it is Studley (Stoodley), as I believe he mother is also in the same household in the 1880 census.

Unfortunately that's about as far as I've gotten in my research.